Saturday, February 6, 2016

Bran - Dracula's Castle













"The view was magnificent, and from where I stood there was every opportunity of seeing it. 
The castle is on the very edge of a terrific precipice. 
A stone falling from the window would fall a thousand feet without touching anything! 
As far as the eye can reach is a sea of green tree tops, with occasionally a deep rift where there is a chasm. 
Here and there are silver threads where the rivers wind in deep gorges through the forests.

But I am not in heart to describe beauty, for when I had seen the view I explored further; 
doors, doors, doors everywhere, and all locked and bolted. 
In no place save from the windows in the castle walls is there an available exit.
The castle is a veritable prison, and I am a prisoner!"

Bram Stoker - Dracula

No comments:

Post a Comment