Friday, October 30, 2015

Ghostly Castle in the Heights







"I am glad that it is old and big. 
I myself am of an old family, and to live in a new house would kill me. 
A house cannot be made habitable in a day; and, after all, how few days go to make up a century. 
I rejoice also that there is a chapel of old times. 
We Transylvanian nobles love not to think that our bones may be amongst the common dead. 
I seek not gaiety nor mirth, not the bright voluptuousness of much sunshine and sparkling waters which please the young and gay. 
I am no longer young; and my heart, through wearing years of mourning over the dead, is not attuned to mirth. 
Moreover, the walls of my castle are broken; 
the shadows are many, and the wind breathes cold through the broken battlements and casements. 
I love the shade and the shadow, and would be alone with my thoughts when I may."

Bram Stoker

No comments:

Post a Comment